Chalk up another watch list recognition for Trey Flowers. He's been included on the Lombardi Award watch list to go along with his appearances on the watch lists for the Nagurski and Bednarik Awards.
Eligibility for the Rotary Lombardi Award is limited to down linemen, end-to-end, either on offense or defense, who set up no farther than 10 yards to the left or right of the ball, or linebackers who set up no farther than five yards deep from the line of scrimmage.
The candidates earned a place on the preliminary watch list by earning All-American honors, being named to their respective all-conference teams or receiving 2014 pre-season honors.
Flowers was a second-team All-SEC performer in 2013, finishing the season with 44 tackles, including 13.5 for loss with 5.0 sacks, three forced fumbles, one interception, two pass breakups and five quarterback hurries. The Huntsville, Ala., native ranked second in the SEC and 34th in the NCAA with an average of 1.23 tackles for loss per game, and his tackles for loss total ranked fourth in the conference. His three forced fumbles tied for the second-highest total in the SEC and 23rd in the nation in 2013.
In his career, Flowers has registered 122 tackles, 32.0 for loss with 12.0 sacks, 17 quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles, seven pass breakups and one interception. He enters his senior campaign tied for 11th on Arkansas' career tackles for loss list and tied for 16th on the school's career sacks list.
- Razorbacks Internet Chatter: July 14 - SEC Media Days, Hogs Biggest Game, Ticket Prices
- Preseason Award Watch Lists That Don't Exist But Should
- Tyler Bruggman Transferring From Washington State; Interest In Arkansas?
- 2014 SEC Preseason Football Position Rankings: Defensive Line
- Razorbacks Internet Chatter: July 11 - Recruiting, Football Preview, Hogs at Lebron James Skills Academy