Chasing Omaha has Arkansas as a 3-seed in the Lafayette regional hosted by ULL, and with Oregon as the 2-seed and Central Michigan as the 4-seed. They also have the Hogs among their Last Four In the tournament.
Perfect Game also has the Razorbacks as the 3-seed in Lafayette, but with UC Santa Barbara as the 2-seed and something called Canisius as the 4-seed. They have 11 SEC teams in the 64-team tournament.
College Baseball Daily has Arkansas as a 3-seed in the regional at Rice. The 2-seed is Pepperdine and the 4-seed is Sam Houston State.
Baseball America released midseason projections a week ago and had the Razorbacks as a 3-seed going to Austin for the regional hosted by the shorthorns. Here's what they had to say about the Hogs:
If Arkansas (No. 76 in the RPI) can win about 15 of its final 23 games, it can finish inside the top 45, according to Boyd’s World’s RPI Needs Report, and we expect the Hogs to pull it off, giving the SEC a 10th regional team.
So far, Arkansas is 2-2 in games since that was published. The Hogs have back-to-back home series coming up against highly ranked Vanderbilt and then Auburn. As we learned in basketball, when you're on the bubble, every game's a big game.
- Arkansas Razorbacks Spring Practice Report - April 17th
- Arkansas vs Texas Tech Early Scouting Report: Breaking Down The Red Raiders Spring Game
- Is This The Arkansas Razorbacks' New Secondary Logo?
- Brandon Allen Doubts Are Warranted, But Don't Write Him Off
- Revisiting Preseason Razorback Basketball Predictions