<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sorry but I'm decommiting</p>— Ravian Pierce (@81_ravian) <a href="https://twitter.com/81_ravian/statuses/426002204529422336">January 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Ravian Pierce, a highly rated tight end from Fort Lauderdale, is no longer committed to Arkansas. Pierce committed to Arkansas in October, but will now attend college somewhere else.
Here's what we wrote about Pierce when he committed.
This leaves Bentonville's Jack Kraus as the only tight end committed to Arkansas this year, and he could very well be the only one the team signs.
Arkansas now stands at 19 commitments in the class of 2014.
UPDATE: It's being widely reported, even on local radio, Pierce was essentially forced to decommit due to academics. This is not an "I just didn't want to go to Arkansas" issue. Please do not torment the kid on Twitter.
- Will The Arkansas Razorbacks Land A Top 25 Recruiting Class?
- Stefan Welsh Weighs In On Arkansas' Basketball Problems
- Arkansas' Basketball Team Must Make Some Changes
- Arkansas Razorbacks Internet Chatter: January 20, 2014 - Recruiting Update, Ky Madden, Georgia Game, Qualls Dunk
- Getting To Know Rory Segrest: "Definitely Is A Good Recruiter"