Jake Hall, a defensive end from Springdale Har-Ber, and Tyler Colquitt, a fullback from Pulaski Academy, are officially on scholarship at Arkansas.
Bret Bielema: "Jake and Tyler are both in state players who bring energy and passion to our team. They are two of the most versatile players in the state who were very well coached and who have shown great work ethic. We think they are really going to develop into something special here."
Hall was a three-star recruit and ranked as the No. 6 prospect in Arkansas by ESPN. He was ranked as the seventh-best prospect in the state and the No. 35 strong side defensive end in the country by 247Sports.com. In 2013, he helped lead Har-Ber to the quarterfinal round of the 7A state playoffs and an 8-4 record by making 67 tackles, including 3.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, two pass breakups and one fumble recovery. He signed as part of Arkansas' recruiting class in February, but grayshirting was a possibility for him. But it worked out for him to be on scholarship.
Colquitt was named an Arkansas Democrat-Gazette All-Arkansas selection in 2013. This past season, he recorded 74 unassisted tackles, 29 assisted tackles, three sacks and two interceptions and rushed 38 times for 374 yards (9.47 yards per carry) and seven touchdowns. To our knowledge, he is not associated with the kicking Colquitts who attended Tennessee.
- Who's The Biggest Villain In Razorback History? SEMIFINALS
- Razorbacks Internet Chatter: June 23 - Cobi Hamilton, B1G in SEC, SEC Media Days, AND MORE
- Recruiting Update: Rawleigh Williams III Commits To The Razorbacks; Flips From Ole Miss
- Arkansas Razorbacks Football: Top 3 Drives in SEC Games from 2013: #1
- Razorbacks Internet Chatter: June 20: Top SEC Stadiums, Hjalte Froholdt Update, Budget Released, Schedule