Arkansas' one holdover from the Petrino/John L staff is no more, according to multiple reports saying Taver Johnson is leaving the program for Purdue.
Following the departures of Chris Ash and Charlie Partridge, this marks the third defensive coach who has left the program since the season ended, leaving only Randy Shannon as a returning coach on that side of the ball
Johnson was the cornerbacks coach in 2013 and the secondary coach in 2012. Before coming to Arkansas he held the same position on the staff at Ohio State. When new defensive coordinator Robb Smith was hired over the weekend, it was announced he'd also be the secondary coach. It's possible the Arkansas staff was anticipating this move.
Johnson was listed as a recruiter for several of Arkansas' late commitments along with Shannon. Johnson is ranked by 247 as the #41 recruiter in the nation and was #22 in the SEC.
- Panel Discussion: Talking Robb Smith, Razorback Recruiting, and Basketball's Momentum
- Arkansas To Sell Beer and Wine in Indoor Club Areas of Razorback Stadium
- Arkansas Razorbacks Spring Game Date, Time, TV Info Announced
- Arkansas Honoring All Final Four Teams Against LSU, Clinton Jersey Not Retired, Attendance Up, Portis SEC FOW
- Arkansas Razorbacks Internet Chatter: February 11, 2014 - Baseball Preview, Football Recruiting