1. Texas A&M Aggies 17-2 (7-0), RPI 8, LW: 1
Still the undisputed number one team in the league after a 2-0 week, with wins over LSU and Mizzou.
2. South Carolina Gamecocks 18-2 (4-2), RPI 28, LW: 2
I wanted to drop them for losing to Tennessee, but no one wants to take the reigns as a clear cut number two in the league.
3. Kentucky Wildcats 15-4 (5-2), RPI 15, LW: 3
After they trash Missouri, they travel to Lawrence, KS for one of the big games in the Big 12/SEC Challenge.
4. Florida Gators 13-7 (5-3), RPI 20, LW: 4
This is the line for NCAA Tournament teams out of the SEC. I think the Gators will make the fourth team SEC team in the tournament and that will be all.
5, LSU Tigers 13-7 (6-2), RPI 86, LW: 5
I'm still not convinced they are an NCAA Tournament team. I think they will get destroyed by Oklahoma this weekend.
6. Georgia Bulldogs 11-7 (4-4), RPI 59, LW: 6
They're the most recent winners of the Battle Line Trophy after wins over Missouri and Arkansas in the same week. LSU needed 55 free throws to beat them by four points.
7. Vanderbilt Commodores 12-8 (4-4), RPI 61, LW: 11
Don't look now, but they've won four of their last five with a big win over Florida last night. They have a tough game on Saturday at Texas.
8. Tennessee Volunteers 10-10 (3-5), RPI 82, LW: 12
Tennessee's win over South Carolina jumped them from 12 to 8 in one week, because why not?
9. Auburn Tigers 9-9 (3-4), RPI 79, LW: 8
Florida absolutely trashed them by 32. #SECBasketballFever in full force. Beat Kentucky one week, lose by 32 seven days later.
10. Ole Miss Rebels 12-7 (2-5), RPI 95, LW: 7
There may not be a team that has caught the injury bug worse than the Rebels. I'm pretty sure Nick Mason started for the Rebels this weekend at Mississippi State. Ole Miss is a decent team that will move back up if they can get healthy.
11. Arkansas Razorbacks 9-10 (3-4), RPI 103, LW: 10
I took some flack last week for not having the Hogs higher, but they've lost three in a row. Right now, I don't think they win again until they host Tennessee on Feb. 6. I really hope I'm wrong, but they aren't going to be A&M. Texas Tech hasn't lost to a team outside the RPI top 25 all year. Then they go to Gainesville and we all know how that movie ends.
12. Alabama Crimson Tide 11-8 (2-5), RPI 56, LW: 9
I don't know what to do with them. They're certainly better than their record, but 2-5 in the mediocre SEC doesn't cut it and needed a miracle comeback at home to beat Tennessee.
13. Missouri Tigers 8-11 (1-5), RPI 155, LW: 13
Saturday is the big game against Mississippi State for last place in the conference. There should be a loop hole in the SEC TV deal to where a game like this magically doesn't make it on TV.
14. Mississippi State Bulldogs 8-11 (1-6), RPI 179, LW: 14
If Ole Miss had just one of the their injured players healthy, I think the Bulldogs are 0-6 are SEC in play.