Do you love Arkansas? How about the community we’ve built here at Arkansas Fight? Here’s your chance to be a bigger part of it.
Eric Harris is stepping away from Arkansas Fight. We’ll miss his leadership, and we’ve got big shoes to fill. Keep reading to find out if the site manager role at Arkansas Fight is the perfect fit for you.
What does the site manager opportunity entail?
This is a part-time, remote contractor role compensated with a monthly stipend. The site manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover the Razorbacks and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
- Have a passion for the Razorbacks and news and is already familiar with Arkansas Fight.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply for this role, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person to fill this role, and a sports-related writing sample via our Careers board. You will not be considered for this opportunity if you do not submit all three items.
If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, you should definitely go ahead and apply.
If you have questions about this role, Arkansas Fight, or SB Nation in general, contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.