Arkansas gets a leg up in recruiting with Cole Hedlund's signing. "Leg up"? No? Okay. Seriously, though, this kid can kick.
Hedlund went 24/26 on field goal attempts as a senior. Coming up one short of his own national single season record he set as a sophomore. If that's not impressive enough, he also set the national record for field goals in a career with 51, a week after missing his only two of the season.
His efforts earned him a first team selection on the USA Today's All-USA team. Hedlund is rated a three star prospect on most major recruiting services, he chose Arkansas over Texas A&M, among other schools.
With the kicker spot vacated by Zach Hocker, who is no stranger to breaking records himself, Hedlund should definitely be in the running for the open job. Without a doubt, he'll be putting his best foot forward come August.
Hehe, couldn't help myself.
- Arkansas National Signing Day Recruiting Updates 2014
- Solomon Thomas Signs With Stanford Over Arkansas
- Arkansas National Signing Day Preview: Where Will The Razorbacks' Recruiting Class Finish?
- Celebrating The 20th Anniversary of 1994: Nail-Biter In Knoxville
- What Should Expectations Be For Arkansas Basketball?