Lamont Simmons took an official visit to Arkansas the weekend of January 17th, but it wasn't enough to convince the 6'2" 180 lb. athlete to become a Razorback.
The composite 3* cornerback held several offers, including Penn State, Auburn, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Georgia in addition to Arkansas and USC. Simmons was committed to Rutgers last fall until reopening his recruitment shortly after getting the offer from USC.
The good news for Arkansas is that the Hogs are signing several defensive backs today, so hopefully the loss of Simmons won't prove to be a huge loss.
- Arkansas National Signing Day Recruiting Updates 2014
- Arkansas Signing Day: Announcement Times For Remaining Recruits
- Arkansas National Signing Day Preview: Where Will The Razorbacks' Recruiting Class Finish?
- What Should Expectations Be For Arkansas Basketball?
- Celebrating The 20th Anniversary of 1994: Nail-Biter In Knoxville