* A blowout win against Florida International couldn't prevent Houston Nutt from rising one spot to No. 4 in coacheshotseat.com's weekly ranking of the coaches whose jobs are in the most trouble. Topping the list is Charlie Weiss of Notre Dame, followed by Karl Dorrell of UCLA and Ed Orgeron of Ole Miss. Sitting one spot behind Nutt is Dennis Franchione of Texas A&M. Here's part of what the site's blog page has to say about Houston: "Lose to the Gamecocks and Nutt will find that the few remaining poeple in his corner will be heading for the exits."
* There's no quarterback controversy here. Carry on.
* Foxsports.com has the Hogs ranked No. 15 in its pre-season basketball poll. The accompanying team profile says these four games will determine Arkansas' season: Dec. 15 at Oklahoma; Feb. 2 vs. Florida; Feb. 13 at Tennessee; Feb. 23 at Kentucky. Why those games matter more than the others, it doesn't say.
* Darren McFadden gears up for the stretch run.
* Harry King takes a look at the SEC bowl picture.