As part of our ongoing series of Q&A's with our fellow SEC bloggers, we spoke (well, emailed) with Seth over at the Hotty Toddy Blog about this Saturday's battle of last place teams. Seth was kind enough to share his thoughts on Ole Miss football, that crazy ending to their game against Alabama last week, and of course, Coach O.
Our answers to his questions are over at the Hotty Toddy Blog, but for the Ole Miss side of the story, read on...
1. This might be the last thing you want to think at this point, but now that a few days have passed, what's your take on the controversial ending to last week's Alabama game? And how do you think it will affect the Ole Miss players for the game this week?
I think it was a bad call. According to the rules, if a player goes out of bounds he is unable to touch the ball first. However, if someone else touches the ball first then it is fair game. It looked like to me that Alabama's defender touched the ball first and Hodge pulled it away from him. I don't believe there was indisputable evidence to the contrary.
2. Ed Orgeron: crazy like a fox or just crazy?
I don't think he is crazy at all. He is a hard and tireless worker. He has always acted professional while at Ole Miss.
3. Following up from that question, are the streets of Oxford clogged with people driving Hummers because of this commercial?
4. Obviously both teams have had very frustrating SEC seasons so far. Which team do you think will play with more desperation and urgency, and why?
It's hard to say. We will be very upset over the horrible reversal at the end of the Alabama game. Technically we both still have shots at bowl games. Ole Miss will play for revenge (bad call) and for respect. Arkansas will play with more desperation and urgency.
<!--more-->5. Give us a quick scouting report: what are the strengths and weaknesses of this Ole Miss team?
Strengths: O-line, Running back, QB, WR
Weaknesses: Poor tackling, Kick off and punt returns
6. More specifically, which Ole Miss players will Arkansas fans be cursing by the end of the game?
Adams, Green-Ellis, Hodge, Wallace, McCluster, Jerry, Mouzon and Hardy
7. Besides McFadden and Jones, what aspect of the Razorbacks concerns you the most?
Any offense scares me. We started out playing very poorly on defense. However, we are improving. Georgia easily ran on us and I am afraid Arkansas will do the same.
8. In his weekly press conference earlier this week, Ed Orgeron said "I do not think Ole Miss is a lower echelon [SEC] team." Do you agree? What are the fans' expectations for Ole Miss football?
I don't think that with our history you can say we are a bottom SEC team. The past few years we have been towards the bottom and so far this year as well. I think we are improving and we won't be near the bottom for long.
9. Eli or Archie?
Eli. Archie played at Ole Miss before I was born.
10. Lastly, what's your prediction for the final result on Saturday?
Ole Miss 31, Arkansas 27