If Arkansas wins on Saturday, they will secure their best SEC regular season record since 1994, and a loss would put them at their best SEC record since 1995. Both the 1994 and 1995 teams are of course mentioned in rarified air.
Ky Madden and Alandise Harris will be honored on Saturday for Senior Day, and they can be credited for the long hill they climbed. Harris has only been here for two years (and sat on the bench for a third), while Ky Madden has played in 126 of Anderson's 128 games at Arkansas.
As you would hope for seniors, their last season has been their best one, and while they may not play any more games in Bud Walton Arena after tomorrow's tilt against LSU, their season is definitely going to continue into post-season play. Here's what they're saying about who and where.
- ESPN: 5-seed vs the winner of the play-in game between Indiana and Temple in Columbus. The winner would play the Oklahoma/Harvard winner.
- CBS: 4-seed in Portland vs Central Michigan. The winner of Butler/Valparaiso would be waiting in the next round.
- SB Nation: 5-seed in Seattle vs Harvard. That winner would play the Wichita State/Stephen F Austin winner.
- Fox Sports: 5-seed vs Murray State in Seattle. The winner would play the North Carolina/Iona winner.
- USA Today: 4-seed vs Louisiana Tech in the East Region. They don't specify locations. In their bracket, the Arkansas would play the North Carolina/Murray State winner.
- Yahoo! Sports: 4-seed. They don't fill out a full bracket but just rank all the teams. They have the Hogs as #16. That would theoretically match up Arkansas with #51 Valparaiso somewhere, we think.
- Sports Illustrated: 5-seed vs Stephen F. Austin (doesn't specify location). The winner would face the Notre Dame/Iona winner.
- Bracket Matrix, which averages 80 different bracketologists, has Arkansas averaging a 5-seed as the 2nd 5-seed.