In Day 4 of the Post-Pelphrey Era, here's a quick look at where things stand:
* earlier rumors about Tubby Smith being a top candidate seem to be off base.
* Mike Anderson name is getting mentioned less and less, although he has Nolan's blessing (the link is to a great Nolan interview on the T.J. Carpenter Show, by the way...worth checking out).
* Buzz Williams from Marquette is getting some chatter, probably spurred on by Andy Katz's initial article on ESPN.com about Pelphrey's firing.
* in his column this morning, Harry King mentions Williams, Cincinnati's Mick Cronin, Texas A&M's Mark Turgeon and Wichita State's Greg Marshall as leading candidates.
* although Jeff Long hasn't issued a timetable for the process, he noted that many searches wrap up around the Final Four. Presumably he's waiting for the Duke or UNC seasons to end so he can lure either Mike Krzyzewski or Roy Williams to Fayetteville with a home run offer. That's assuming Bill Self doesn't leave Kansas to fulfill his destiny at Arkansas as some message boards have confidently predicted.
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments section if so.