The Hogs were a few minutes away from having the honor of reaching #1 in the Power Poll for the first time ever. Alas, fate turned against us.
Current rankings are below, with last week's in parentheses:
1. (1) Alabama - Darth Saban's Death Star of a team is most definitely fully operational.
2. (5) Auburn - I can sense the Iron Bowl excitement already...
3. (4) Florida - Won't be ranked this high for long.
4. (2) Arkansas - Had it. Lost it.
5. (6) LSU - Would be ranked higher if their defense could just play the whole game.
6. (3) South Carolina - The Cocks are definitely the Hogs of the SEC East.
7. (9) Mississippi State - The SEC West Bulldogs threw a couple of very large burning logs under Mark Richt's chair.
8. (7) Georgia - Thanks for spoiling our signature win so far this season, guys.
9. (8) Kentucky - On pace to beat Florida in about 2074.
10. (10) Vanderbilt - The Commodores had a free week to savor their win over Ole Miss.
11. (11) Tennessee - Sorry, a lucky win over mighty UAB earns you no Power Poll love from us.
12. (12) Ole Miss - Showing signs of peaking their head out of the doghouse, but we're not ready to commit to that yet.