• Wait 'Till Next Year. Actually, wait 'till the year after next year. While speaking yesterday to the Northwest Arkansas Tip-Off Club, Athletic Director Jeff Long reiterated his support for John Pelphrey and seemed to say that it's unreasonable to expect the basketball program to truly be back on its feet until after the 2010-11 season. However, when questioned by the media afterwards, he didn't guarantee that Pelphrey's job is secure until then.
Maybe it's because I picked this week to stop sniffing glue, but overall I find Long's comments to be kind of confusing. Like many athletic directors and other head honchos, he is good at using many words to say almost nothing.
• Rotnei's Roll. The Razorbloggers' Walking on Sunshine has a look at Rotnei Clarke's potentially historic season.
• The Best Hog? We have been known to poke fun at Wally Hall from time to time, but he and WholeHogSports online editor Brandon Marcello have been cranking out a very entertaining series of WholeHogCast videos. In this latest installment, they discuss the Alabama victory and the new additions to Bobby Petrino's staff, and they raise an interesting question: is Marshawn Powell now the basketball Hogs' best player?
• The Wonder Boys are Wonderful. Not only does the state have a team within earshot of the NCAA Tournament, it also has a number-one ranked squad. Meet us at Feltner's in 10 minutes to celebrate.
• Jealousy Hurts. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Hog hoop fans felt this way too.