We’re just days away from the start of the 2018 college football season. It’s the perfect time for you to be a bigger part of the community at Arkansas Fight in a meaningful way.
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume you love the Razorbacks and the community we’ve built here at Arkansas Fight. We’re hiring a social media manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the right opportunity for you.
What are we looking for?
The social media coordinator will be the point person for Arkansas Fight’s official Twitter and Facebook presences. This person will be responsible for engaging Arkansas Fight’s readers and followers and sharing our content in a fun and insightful way. Availability on game days to live-tweet the action and interact with followers is a must. We need someone with a depth of knowledge about Arkansas football, basketball, and baseball.
What qualifications should you have?
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a passion for the Razorbacks.
- Ideally already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Arkansas Fight community.
- Are able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Demonstrates good judgment about promoting and creating content for social.
- Are self-starters and comfortable meeting deadlines.
- Are willing and able to help with Razorbacks coverage on game days during the season.
- Previous social media experience is strongly preferred.
How do you apply?
Please send a cover letter, resume, and sample Twitter and Facebook posts to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at email@example.com. You will not be considered for this role unless you submit these items. You can also feel free to hit Jeanna up with any questions about the position, Arkansas Fight, or SB Nation in general.
This is a part-time, remote contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.