- Alabama (8-0, 5-0) - The Tide couldn’t even cover the spread. Saban has plenty to work during the bye week.
- Texas A&M (6-1, 4-1) - It’s hard to imagine anyone else in the conference could hold on against Alabama in Bryant-Denny Stadium as long as the Aggies did.
- Auburn (5-2, 3-1) - A 9-2 Auburn vs. an undefeated Alabama is a feasible Iron Bowl this season if the Tigers continue along their current trend for the next few weeks.
- Tennessee (5-2, 2-2) - The Vols were deservedly off this week after four straight weeks against ranked opponents. Good news for the UT is that the last third of their schedule is chock-full of winable games.
- Florida (5-1, 3-1) - The Gators were on a bye, too, in preparation for a date with Georiga in Jacksonville.
- LSU (5-2, 3-1) - “Let the good times roll!” Coach O continues to work magic down on the Bayou. Oh, and Leo Fournette is back, to the tune of 284 rushing yards on 16 carries. That’s a monster 17.8 yards per carry, better than any day you ever had playing EA Sports NCAA Football.
- Arkansas (5-3, 1-3) - Is there such a thing as having a program-changing loss? Losing 56-3 in a conference game is the sort of result which usually leads to coaching changes. If you watched more than 75% of this game, you are a better fan than most.
- Ole Miss (3-4, 1-3) - If this team doesn’t improve over the next month, all of the Rebel fans in Birmingham should go ahead and buy bowl tickets. This preseason title contender could be standing at 6-6 come season end.
- Kentucky (4-3, 3-2) - The Wildcats continue their quest for bowl eligibility with a nice come-from-behind victory over the ailing Bulldogs from Starkville.
- Georgia (4-3, 2-3) - Bulldog fans had a week off to prepare their livers for the World’s Largest Cocktail Party. It should be an ugly game.
- Vanderbilt (4-4, 1-3) - Don’t look now, but Derek Mason has back-to-back wins for the first time during his tenure at Vandy. This week’s victory came over heated crosstown rival, Tennessee State.
- Mississippi State (2-5, 1-3) - It's a dire situation right now in Starkville which was somewhat expected. Is this the sort of season that causes Dan Mullen to scratch his itch to leave?
- South Carolina (3-4, 1-4) - Bowling isn't likely for the Ganecocks so in a season such as this all wins are good ones.
- Missouri (2-5, 0-3) - Homecoming is supposed to be fun. It should not include a loss to Middle Tennessee State.
SEC POWER Rankings: Tide Clearly on Top
More like the POWER Tankings for us... Amirite?