The 6-5, 238 lb defensive end from Springdale Har-Ber stays close to home and signs with the Hogs. On the field, Jake Hall could trigger memories of former standout pass rusher Jake Bequette in the minds of Razorback fans, which can't be a bad thing. Although a little meat needs to be added to the frame, which wont be too difficult under strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert's regimen.
As a senior at Har-Ber, Hall recorded 67 total tackles, including 3.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. He joins an exciting group in the defensive line recruiting class, one that will be looking to fill the shoes of departed seniors Chris Smith and Robert Thomas.
He has the ability to run routes too. He caught a three yard pass for a two point conversion last year against Van Buren. It's no secret Arkansas could've used a few more big targets last season. Unfortunately for him, I'm just as likely to haul in a touchdown pass next year. Unless Bielema calls one of his infamous trick plays.
Hall chose the hogs over offers from Cincinnati and Louisiana-Monroe, and is rated as a three star prospect by most major recruiting services. Look for him to red shirt this season and contribute on the scout team, and add some of that beef we touched on earlier.
- Arkansas National Signing Day Recruiting Updates 2014
- Arkansas National Signing Day Preview: Where Will The Razorbacks' Recruiting Class Finish?
- Arkansas Signing Day: Announcement Times For Remaining Recruits
- What Should Expectations Be For Arkansas Basketball?
- Celebrating The 20th Anniversary of 1994: Nail-Biter In Knoxville