Saturday night was only for experienced channel changers. Or you could do what I've done and put up two 42-inchers side-by-side with separate cable boxes. It helps out on the flipping back and forth, especially when God gives us three SEC primetime games.
1) Mississippi State (7-0, 4-0 SEC) Last week: 1- The Bulldogs are undefeated and have held the No. 1 ranking in the polls for three weeks now. Remaining on the schedule are two one-loss teams (Alabama, Ole Miss) that would hold the tiebreaker over the them if the Bulldogs lose. Forget "Bowing Ball." Josh Robinson is now the Wrecking Ball.
2) Alabama (7-1, 4-1) LW: 3- Nick Saban defended the heavy dosage of Amari Cooper against the Tennessee defense perfectly to one media member's ridiculous question:
"Well, you know that’s kind of like saying you get 26 outs in the game throwing fastballs, so you should throw a change-up and then the guy hits it out of the park," Saban said, "I mean, should you play to your strengths or not? ... as long as nine (Cooper) is getting open and as long as we’re throwing him the ball, I don’t think we should tell the quarterback don’t throw it to him."
3) Auburn (6-1, 3-1) LW: 4- There was a little scare down on the Plains as the Tigers held off South Carolina in the exact opposite style of game as the one being played between Ole Miss and LSU.
4) Ole Miss (7-1, 4-1) LW: 2- Hugh Freeze, successfully navigating poor clock management is Les Miles's calling card. I hope you've learned your lesson. Momentum never felt like it would favor the Rebels again after the Bo Wallace shoulder slam
5) Georgia (6-1,4-1) LW: 5- A bye week before the World's Largest Cocktail Party? No. The bye week is what you need after the liver damage done on the beaches of St. Simons during the party.
6) LSU (7-2, 3-2) LW: 6- If Arkansas had a fourth of the talent at defensive back Les has had come through that program the Hogs would never have to worry about a missed trip to Shreveport. Good for Les after finding the composure to even be there after losing his mother less than 24 hours earlier. That's why I'm giving him a pass on this answer:
7) Arkansas (4-4, 0-4) LW: 7- Could there be any other GIF for this week?
8) Texas A&M (5-3, 2-3) LW: 8- Y'all watch out for ULM this week. They ruin programs.
9) South Carolina (4-4, 2-4) LW: 11- Clearly the Florida job is on the Old Ball Coach's mind.
10) Missouri (6-2, 3-1) LW: 9- A team that beats Vandy at home by 10 points is only a game back from a trip to Atlanta. Life is unfair.
11) Kentucky (5-3, 2-3) LW: 10- Quarterback Patrick Towles had 366 yards of the Wildcats 504 total offensive yards. Maybe some balance here and there is needed? This fan's reaction to the aforementioned Josh "The Wrecking Ball" Robinson's run was how every Big Blue fan felt after the game:
12) Florida (3-3, 2-3) LW: 12- Another week gone and Will Muschamp is still a head coach. That's a win for the Muschamp family.
13) Tennessee (3-5, 0-4) LW: 13- The revenge card is all good and fun. The fans were hyped, but if your team isn't as talented, nor as well coached, it's still hard to win.
14) Vanderbilt (2-6, 0-5) LW: 14- Losing by 10 on the road is sort of a victory for this team.
Mississippi State, Alabama, Oregon, Florida State
Next four: TCU (will be in with win at West Virginia), Auburn, Michigan State, Ole Miss