Here's the rundown of drafted Razorbacks
- Brian Anderson - 76th overall to Miami
- Chris Oliver - 112th to Philadelphia
- Jalen Beeks - 374th to Boston
- Michael Gunn - 494th to Boston
- Eric Fisher - 497th to Miami
- Tyler Spoon - 1,092nd to Oakland
And the Arkansas signees who were drafted out of high school
- Sam Hentges - 4th Round
- Luke Bonfield - 21st Round
- Keaton McKinney - 28th Round
- Blake Wiggins - 36th Round
- Nathan Rodriguez - 39th Round
Catcher Jake Wise was the only senior on the roster this season, so any of these players could potentially still be in Fayetteville, although we can certainly bet that the higher-drafted current Razorbacks will likely be going pro.
The really great news for Arkansas is that the highly-rated recruiting class will mostly remain in tact. The only one that seems to be of some concern is Hentges. Dave Van Horn was quoted last week as saying he'll go pro if he's drafted in the first three rounds, but "we've got a good shot at keeping him" if he doesn't, and he didn't quite make it. We'll have to see what he decides to do, but either way, still a good day for Van Horn and Razorback baseball.
Van Horn said if Arkansas can keep either Hentges or McKinney "that would be big," so it looks like we can say this was big.
- A Eulogy for Arkansas Baseball's 2014 Season
- Razorbacks Internet Chatter: June 6th: Hiring Female Coaches, Season Ticket Payment Plans, More
- Let's Talk About USA Today's Arkansas Razorbacks Preview
- USA Today Breaks Down Arkansas' Athletic Department Finances In Annual Report
- Where Does Mike Anderson Rank Among College Basketball Coaches?