This year's in-state recruiting class as one of the state's best ever, and while some of the prospects have jumped on board early, we always knew it would be a challenge to land all of them.
Nashville wide receiver La'Michael Pettway is the first such player to commit to a school outside the state borders, and he plans on going to Ole Miss.
The 6'3" 200lb receiver held offers from Arkansas, Alabama, Louisville, Nebraska and others.
Despite his in-state status, Arkansas was the last of the schools to offer him. Ole Miss and Alabama both offered him more than a month before the Hogs did. However, it appeared the Razorbacks had a plan in place to offer Pettway on his birthday, March 20th, when he visited campus. It was a feel-good story, but I guess you could say that birthday present has been regifted.
- SEC Over/Under Win Predictions: Western Division
- Poll: Why Is Baseball Arkansas' Most Consistent Sport?
- SEC Spring Meetings News, Notes - Early Signing Period, FCS Scheduling, Mike Slive's Belt, Much More
- Bret Bielema at SEC Spring Meetings: Recap & Analysis
- Is Chris Murphy Transferring From Arkansas?