The Razorbacks were hoping they'd land 6'4" 220 lb. Demetrius Jackson for a long time, and it was up in the air what Jackson would do come Signing Day.
Despite several public statements indicating he'd sign with Miami, there were occasionally bits of evidence that he'd sign with Arkansas. He was even a secret visitor to Arkansas the weekend of January 24th, where a picture of him with his cousin Denver Kirkland surfaced on Kirkland's Instagram account.
Arkansas was actually the first major school to offer Jackson last spring when he was an unrated prospect with very little football experience. It was rumored that Jackson was going to commit soon after (we even had a story written that we were waiting to publish), but it didn't happen. Jackson then earned offers from Miami, Louisville, Texas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Texas Tech, and others, all the while becoming a 4* composite prospect.
- Arkansas National Signing Day Recruiting Updates 2014
- Solomon Thomas Signs With Stanford Over Arkansas
- Arkansas National Signing Day Preview: Where Will The Razorbacks' Recruiting Class Finish?
- Celebrating The 20th Anniversary of 1994: Nail-Biter In Knoxville
- What Should Expectations Be For Arkansas Basketball?