Even though he'd long been predicted to go to Stanford, many recruiting analysts began switching their predictions to Arkansas in the last couple of days.
Long considered one of the nation's elite prospects (#25 overall and a 5* according to 24/7's composite ratings), Thomas held offers from nearly every elite school in the country, but in the end chose Stanford over Arkansas and UCLA. He took his official visit to Fayetteville the weekend of January 24th. He kicked off ESPNU's Signing Day coverage by pulling a Stanford tree from under the table.
It was hoped Thomas would headline a defensive line class along with Bijhon Jackson, but that's not going to happen. We'll see what happens the rest of the day, but this is definitely a hit to Arkansas' Signing Day hopes.
- Arkansas National Signing Day Recruiting Updates 2014
- Arkansas Signing Day: Announcement Times For Remaining Recruits
- Arkansas National Signing Day Preview: Where Will The Razorbacks' Recruiting Class Finish?
- Celebrating The 20th Anniversary of 1994: Nail-Biter In Knoxville
- Andrew Mike Commits To Vanderbilt Over Arkansas