All the recruiting outlets are reporting Saturday afternoon that safety Joshua Liddell has committed to the Razorbacks.
This was an expected commitment, although some fans got a little nervous when Georgia began showing interest in Liddell earlier this week. But it didn't seem to matter in the end.
Liddell is on his official visit to Arkansas this weekend. His other major offer was to Boise State, where Liddell visited last weekend. Liddell originally committed to Boise head coach Brian Harsin when Harsin was at Arkansas State, but when the Razorbacks offered recently it was widely believed to be just a matter of time until Liddell committed to Arkansas.
The Hogs are hoping his story continues on the same trajectory as Korliss Marshall, who had a similar recruting story last year. Both in-state prospects were heralded for their athelticism but largely flew under the radar until receiving an offer late from the Razorbacks. Marshall of course turned in an exciting freshman season at running back and kick returner, but, like Liddell, may be a safety in the future.
Here are some of his senior year highlights
Liddell makes 20 commitments for Arkansas' class of 2014.
- Arkansas Recruiting: Official Visitors List For The Weekend of January 25
- Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of 1994: Setting a Record in a Game That Almost Never Happened
- Bracketology Updates: Arkansas Basketball Not Dead Yet
- Will The Arkansas Razorbacks Land A Top 25 Recruiting Class?
- Chris Ash Reportedly Took A Pay Cut To Leave Arkansas For Ohio State