Ranking numbers 3-11 is hard. No way around it.
There is one team in the conference at this point in the season that stands above all of the others. As for the worst team, there are three in the running. No. 2 is a little more clear cut because of its record.
When trying to rank 3-11, just laugh and assign an arbitrary number.
1) Alabama (5-0, 2-0, SEC, Last Week: 1)- If you watched the game, you know why they sit atop the rankings. If you didn't, consider yourself lucky. Alabama is by far and away the best team in the SEC.
2) Missouri (7-0, 3-0, LW: 4)- Call it a byproduct of their schedule if you want, but the Tigers have not struggled to win all season. They've scored at least 15 more points than every team they've played.
3) LSU (6-2, 3-2, LW: 2)- The Bayou Bengals have lost two games by a total of six points, both on the road. They'll get the benefit of the doubt for now. The eloquent Les Miles on his performance this week:
4) Auburn (6-1, 3-1 LW: 8)- This game was exactly what we expected, with the no defense and all... Gus should be loving life on the Plains (for the second time). Meanwhile, Gene Chizik's already low stock is dropping like a rock in water.
5) Texas A&M (5-2, 2-2 LW: 4)- Johnny Manziel's numbers are up this season because of a bad defense more than anything else. His No. 1 receiver his helping though. Mike Evans had 287 yards and four touchdowns on 11 catches Saturday.
6) South Carolina (5-2, 3-2, LW: 6)- Two weeks on the road took its toll on the Ol' Ball Coaches' bunch. The loss wasn't the worst part of Spurrier's day...
7) Ole Miss (4-3, 2-3 LW: 9)- The Rebels are trying their darnedest to avoid another trip to play in the BVAA Compass Bowl presented by Pittsburgh Panther Football. A big home victory over LSU will help their bid. In its last two games, Ole Miss has won and lost on game-ending field goals.
8) Georgia (4-3, 3-2, LW: 7)- Injuries are why the Bulldogs have fallen down the POWER rankings and why they are not down any further. When quarterback Aaron Murray gets the top tailback in the country back, this team will be better.
9) Florida (4-3, 3-2 LW: 5)- Florida's offense is awful. Just horrendous. Worse than drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth.
10) Tennesseee (4-3, 1-2, LW: 10)- Butch Jones got his win over a ranked opponent after coming up short versus Georgia. Here is a peak inside noted UT alum, Browns owner and founder of Pilot gas stations, Jimmy Haslem watching his Vols all but ruin the Gamecocks chance at winning the SEC East.
11) Vanderbilt (4-3, 1-3 LW: 11)- It's hard to move up when every other team expected to lose does what you did and pulls the upset.
12) Mississippi State (3-3, 0-2, LW: 12)- The Bulldogs are the best of the worst and have a chance to retain this spot as they host Kentucky this week.
13a) Kentucky (1-5, 0-3 LW: 13b)- An off week this week gives the Wildcats plenty of time to prepare for their best chance at an SEC win, which would be its first since 2011.
13b) Arkansas (3-4, 0-3, LW: 13a)- I was more embarrassed than this Clemson frat star's mother.
However, much like this clip, I couldn't help but watch the whole thing.
A native of Arkansas now calling the Hogs from yonder in Georgia, you can follow Graham on Twitter @grahamreaves or read his blog, On My Mind In Georgia.