At roughly the mid-point of the NFL season (and with the Arkansas fanbase reduced to just being thankful we can still beat Tulsa), it's worth a look at how former Hogs currently in the NFL are doing. Despite the relative success we had under Petrino, his players never seemed to make much noise in the NFL draft... at least compared to high-profile tandems of DMac, Felix, and Hillis in 2008 and Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston in 2007.
There are currently 16 former Razorbacks on NFL rosters, but their accomplishments are something of a grab-bag:
- Joe Adams (WR, Carolina Panthers): Used primarily as a return man (Don't look now, but he just returned another Tennessee punt for a TD), but hasn't played since losing 2 fumbles against the NY Giants in Sept.
- Jamaal Anderson (DE, Cincinnati Bengals): Placed on IR after tearing a tendon in Sept.
- Brett Goode (LS, Green Bay Packers): Just signed a 3-year, $2.7 million contract extension. Good on you, Brett.
- Peyton Hillis (RB, Kansas City Chiefs): It's been sad to see his slow decline since his monster 2010 season (1654 total yards, 13 TDs). Plagued by injury this season, he's notched 37 rushing yards in his last two games combined, and has yet to score a TD this year.
- Chris Houston (CB, Detroit Lions): 30 tacks, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 INT this year. Any chance he has any eligibility left?
- Felix Jones (RB, Dallas Cowboys): Thrust into the starting role in the wake of Demarco Murray's injury, Jones has accumulated 194 rushing yards, 113 receiving yards, and 2 TDs in his last 4 games.
- Ryan Mallett (QB, New England Patriots): In his lone appearance of the season, he completed 1 pass for 17 yards in mop-up duty against the St. Louis Rams.
- Darren McFadden (RB, Oakland Raiders): DMac has also been plagued by the injury bug this season (though, to a lesser extent than Hillis), and has 455 rushing yards and 2 TDs to show for it.
- DJ Williams (TE, Green Bay Packers): Has 37 yards on 4 catches. With the complete lack of a running game in Green Bay and with how much Aaron Rodgers throws it, it's unfortunate that he's used so sparsely.
- George Wilson (S, Buffalo Bills): 53 tackles on the season (43 solo), but no INTs on the year.
- Nate Garner, DeMarcus Love, and Bobbie Williams all play on the Oline, and as such, have no "stats" to report.
- Jake Bequette, Jarius Wright, and Greg Childs have yet to accumulate any stats.
Hopefully there'll be a few more names to add to this list next season.