This season we're resurrecting an old feature charmingly called Reasons to Hate. As a public service to you, the Hog fan, we'll be providing a handy pre-game cheat sheet detailing why you should hate each one of the Razorbacks' opponents this fall. Some weeks will be easier than others...
1. Their Fans Are Insane. Sure, every SEC team has its share of nutsos in the fanbase, but LSU has taken the batshit crazy approach and turned it into a fairly despicable art form. Want proof? Check out this post on Deadspin if you dare...we should warn you that it's pretty hard to watch. (Their sense of humor is lacking, too - we were still getting very serious comments in response to our 2007 Reasons to Hate post almost a year after the game.)
2. The Boot. As we noted earlier in the week, the Golden Boot may be a little goofy but there are few sweeter sights than seeing the Hogs carry it off the field after delivering another crushing defeat to the Tigers. Do I need to mention that this has happened two years in a row?
3. Ar-Kansas. Yeah, this still bothers us a bit. But, as D-Mac pointed out after the 2007 game, we're pretty sure Les Miles knows how to pronounce it now.
4. We Can Ruin Their Season. The Hogs sent the Tigers off on a very bad note last year with that glorious 31-30 victory in Little Rock. Doing it again - and watching the inevitable fan meltdown that would surely follow - would be doubly delicious.
5. The Cotton Bowl Is On The Line. Most experts seem to think that the Arkansas-LSU winner will be in Dallas on January 2 - always a great ending to the season for the Razorbacks (until the game is actually played, that is). At the beginning of the year LSU had serious BCS hopes and the Hogs were just looking for a winning season, so sending them off to some 3rd tier bowl while we pick Cotton would be just perfect.