This season we're resurrecting an old feature charmingly called Reasons to Hate. As a public service to you, the Hog fan, we'll be providing a handy pre-game cheat sheet detailing why you should hate each one of the Razorbacks' opponents this fall. Some weeks will be easier than others...
1. We're Better Than They Are. Look, we know some very nice people from the Magnolia State, but the fact remains that the phrase "Thank God for Mississippi" was invented for a reason. And that reason is that God made Arkansas (and Arkansans) better than our neighbor to the east. Facts is facts, so let's look down on #50 from our #49 perch and enjoy our superiority.
2. They Don't Like Us Much Either. We're fans of the snarky style the guys at Red Cup Rebellion bring to their blogging, but both their writers and readers seem to have a real thing about Arkansas. Just check out the 54 comments on the Arkansas Hate Week thread, their shameless mocking of our women, the cheap shots in their YouTube post, their use of message board comments against us (to be fair, the message boards are generally pretty scary places) and even - gasp - calling out the writing at Arkansas Expats. How dare they!
3. Woo Pig Sooie > Hotty Toddy. Give me a stadium full of people majestically calling the Hogs over people chanting about a mixed drink people make when they're sick any day. The fact their cheer also includes a "Gosh almighty" just adds to the lack of intimidation...who made that up, Gomer Pyle? Come on guys, you couldn't throw in a "gee whillikers" or "oh golly" while you were at it?
4. Painful Memories from Last Year. That game last year sucked, plain and simple. Need a refresher? Just check out this breakdown of that interference call against .
5. Something About a Coach, Blah, Blah, Blah. Frankly, if you need any explanation of this one then you're probably on the wrong website.